I was sitting in Interviewing and Research class today and we were talking about our major interview assignment. We basically have to interview someone of our choice, record it and write an article about the interview with a angle of our choice.
Well I started thinking, I have no issues with writing a blog, an article, pretty much anything. It’s something I love to do. Now speaking in person is an entirely different subject. When I have projects, I shake, stammer and lose focus. I’m hoping I can kick this habit throughout this course.
I am so nervous about this interview because I will be asking someone to tell me all the fine details of their life and recording it. So I have compiled a list of things that I am going to do in order to prepare for this upcoming interview. Maybe it will help you with your upcoming project or interview!
- Research, research, research- lots of background information so I’m not flustered.
- Questions planned out ahead of time with room for them to contribute different information.
- Practise speaking in front of people as much as possible.
- Form a mantra: “I will do amazing, they will be helpful, it will go great!”
- Take notes, record audio, bring extra pens.
- Do my best.
This is just a short list off the top of my head. I think the nerves mainly surface because of the unknown.
Wish me luck!